iMessage is one of the most popular platforms that allows you to communicate with
friends, family, and coworkers. Only Mac OS allows you to install the Apple’s iMessage
app on your computer with reduced difficulties.
The iMessage platform is one of the topmost applications that enable to communicate
with people using a computer or the Apple ecosystem despite lack of accessibility to
some devices. Nonetheless, iMessage is undoubtedly the most secure messaging
You might be worried on how to get the iMessage app working on your computer in
case you have never worked with Mac OS. This guide is for you.
Foremost, adding phone numbers to the iMessage is the most critical aspect, and one
that requires your attention. No communication can take place when you don’t have the
phone numbers of your friends.
Below are methods to help you when adding a phone number to the iMessage on your Mac computer.
Method 1: using an iOS emulator
Step 1: Download and install the iPadian emulator to your computer. Ensure that the
emulator comes from a reputable source to prevent difficult operations.
Step 2: Launch the iMessage App and log in using your initialApple ID and password.
Step 3: Tap on the messages, select the ‘Send and Receive’ option.
Step 4: Select the option that says ‘Add another email’.
Step 5: You’ll be asked for your phone number before being automatically signed in to
2nd method Using Mac OS
If you would like to send and receive iMessages from your phone number on your Mac
computer, you need to know how to add your phone number to iMessages on Mac.
Interestingly, the process of adding the number is easy and straightforward to carry out
in this case.
Step 1: Launch the iMessage App.
Step 2: On the menu bar’s top left corner, click ‘Messages.
Step 3: Then click preferences>Accounts.
Step 4: Enter your password and Apple ID in order to log in.
Step 5: Add your email followed by your phone number.
NB; always ensure that you’ve activated the checkbox located near your phone number.
As such, you’re able to receive SMS messages on the Mac
Step 6: Enter your phone number.
Step 7: Make sure that the checkbox next to your phone number is activated so that you
will be able to receive text messages on your Mac.
How to set up the iMessage app on the Mac
- Launch the iMessage app on your desktop
- Enter your Apple ID email address and password. If you have two-step or two-
factor confirmation turned on for your Apple ID, enter your verification code.
- Click on messages in the Menu bar and select Preferences.
- Click the Accounts tab and then choose the phone number and email addresses
you want to be reached at.
- Once you are signed in, select the phone number or email address of people you
want to chat with. Your friends on the other end will see you when you start a
How to start a conversation in message App on Mac.
- Open the Messages app.
- Type your message in the space at the bottom of the iMessage App.
- Click on the Emoji button, select your favorite image one and click enter to send.
- To include another file, you need to drag or paste the info on the message space.
- If you wish to add an audio recording, click on the microphone button and then
record the message you want to send. Once you are done, hit the return button
to send the message.
- Install the iMessage App to your computer (Mac), add contacts of your choice and enjoy
the provided service!