iMessage, a convenient and exciting messenger service exclusive to Apple devices, has changed the way we communicate with each other. Provided you have an active internet connection you can send and receive text, audio, video, image and location messages.
The continued development of iMessage has introduced a variety of stickers and apps including games tailored for the iMessage app. iMessage games are made or optimised for the iMessage app and allow you to play with another iMessage user on the same screen that displays your conversations. Luckily for you, you can add playing games with your chosen partner as part of your communication experience with iMessage.
In this article, we explain how to install and play with iMessage games as well as how to uninstall the games should you want to.
Installing an iMessage game
Installing iMessage games is an easy and straightforward process that takes a short time. It is even faster if you already know the game you want to download and will not spend time browsing. What steps should you take to download a game?
- Open the iMessage app and start a new conversation thread or go to a recent one.
- Access the Apple app store by selecting Apps besides the text box and adjacent to a heart and camera icon.The Apple app store icon appears as a blue coloured A in the conversation box menu.
- The apps menu box displays recently used iMessage apps and games.
- Select the grid that appears in the bottom left then choose the blue plus (+) store icon to access the iMessage apps store.
- Browse through bothpremium, free with in-app purchases and free iMessage games. The games you can play on iMessage are similarly identified by the developer.
- Pick the game that is most appealing to you and download by selecting ‘get’.
- Download the iMessage game which is accessible in the conversation box in the iMessage app.
Playing iMessage games
iMessage games are displayed within your iMessage app keyboard. Communicating with your partner as you play is therefore doable. In the same way you message multiple people, you can also play a game with multiple players. These are the steps to follow for you to play;
- Open your iMessage app and choose a recent conversation thread or start a new one. The conversation thread should be with the person you plan on playing the iMessage game with.
- Select the Apps icon followed by the grid icon on the bottom left to view your newly downloaded iMessage games.
- Choose the game you want to play with your partner. Your partner will start playing immediately they receive the game invitation if they have the game already installed.
- If your partner does not have the iMessage game installed send them a game invitation containing a direct download link for them to install the game.
- Once you haveplayed your turn, a message is sent to your partner for them to play next.
- When your partner plays their turn a message is sent to you.
- You can have a conversation with your partner about the iMessage game you are both playing.
Uninstalling iMessage games
- Follow the same path to access the iMessage games. Select the Apps store icon then the grid on the bottom left.
- Choose the game you want to uninstall and press on its icon.
- Click on the x that appears on the icon, after it wiggles,to uninstall the iMessage app.
Luckily, you have the benefit of contacting Apple support should you come across any difficulties while installing or purchasing the iMessage games from the app store.